The Loomis Chaffee Log

History & Origins

The Loomis Log was founded as a weekly publication in 1915 by Loomis students Phillip Herrick and Henry Williams; the first issue was published on November 10, 1915. According to the 1916 Loomis yearbook, “quite by accident the name of The Loomis Log was devised. It immediately commended itself as nicely balanced, pleasantly alliterative, and aptly descriptive.” The first faculty advisor to the Log was Nathaniel Horton Batchelder, headmaster of the Loomis School from 1912 to 1949.

The first Log editorial board, pictured in the 1916 edition of the Loomis Institute’s yearbook, the Loomiscellany

Editors-in-Chief, 1914-2021

2020-2021     Stephanie Zhang ’21 & Victoria Che ’21   

Notable Alumni

Activate Search
History & Origins