LC Facilitates Move-Out Process and Offers Summer Program Virtually

John Sihn '22, Staff Writer

With the Loomis Chaffee campus still shut down due to the continued impacts of the Coronavirus, the administration has modified the move out process and upcoming summer program to accommodate the current situation.

“We are working our way through seniors right now, and hope to have them all squared away in the next few weeks. Then we will move onto underclass students. We don’t have final plans as yet, because we are still working on them,” said Mr. Jake Leyden, Dean of Students.

Mr. Leyden also noted that students will have the option to keep their belongings in the UPS Store for storage. If the situation improves, students may be able to visit campus to pick up their belongings.

“I left all my bedding and spring clothes in my room. I wish I could move out as soon as possible so I can bring them back home,” Will Chien ’22 said.

The Parent eNews sent on April 30 notified that “we will have more information for you by mid-May.”

In the meantime, the Loomis Chaffee Summer Program is taking its courses online. The online summer program will offer “28 enrichment courses, two Writing Workshop offerings, high school mathematics courses, and standardized test preparation for students entering grades 7-11,” according to Jim O’Donnell, Director of the Summer Program.

The application for the Loomis Chaffee Summer Program is currently open. Find out more about the Loomis Chaffee Summer Program here.